Tuesday 27 February 2018

Latest Photographs of Maula Ali Shrine-Hyderabad


Dr.Mazhar Naqvi 


I had the honor of visiting the shrine of Maula Ali in Hyderabad after a gap of almost a decade on February 25,2018.My son, Najaf Naqvi,also accompanied me.I found the shrine as serene and tranquil as ever.Despite renovation,it still maintains its old charm.  
The caretakers like Mir Sakhawat recognized me immediately and instantly remarked " Where have you been all these years.It is good to see you again".He was equally happy to my son who being stationed in Hyderabad visits shrine frequently.He tied 'Kalawa'(Sacred Thread) and prayed for the well-being of my family.                                                                                                          To my surprise, I noticed that Agha                                                                 Khan Foundation has done a lot to                                                                   renovate the  Mahlaqa Bai Chanda                                                                  who was a great devotee of Maula                                                                    Ali.But the foundation has not done                                                                  anything to upgrade the main                                                                          shrine. 

I found more visitors at the shrine.But it was a disciplined crowd of devotees.Each engrossed in prayers. Najaf being too excited took many
Photographs.He took Snaps of main shrine containing the blessed print of Maula's hand. 

Fortunately,I also got a printed history of the shrine for the first time.The pamphlet gives an idea about how over the centuries the shrine has developed.  

One thing that I really admire is the exemplary behavior of caretakers.They always try to respond to any query of the visitors.They also derive pleasure in revealing the history and anecdotes related to shrine.Caretakers also fondly recall the past celebrations and how the character of rituals have also changed on certain occasions. I request all the devotees of Maula Ali to visit the shrine once in their life time.You will find solace their surely.I also suggest you to go through thew 'White Mughals' of William Daryample  to find out yourself as to how entire Hyderabad used to shift to Maula Ali hill during Rajab,the month of Shere-Khuda's birth. Daryample has given a very detailed and  vivid description  of the celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment