Friday 21 August 2015

Death of Sarkar Mehdi-A Great Loss to Azadar World



Zakir-E-Ahlebait Sarkar Mehdi

Dr.Mazhar Naqvi

Sarkar Mehdi, internationally acclaimed Zakir-E-Ahlebait and poet, is no more. He breathed his last on August 21,2015 after protracted illness to leave his admirers in a state of shock and grief. In his death, the world has also lost a great orator whose sole aim always remained to further the cause of Karbala Revolution. Through his majlises in different parts of the world, he not only presented different aspects of Imam Hussain’s philosophy but also urged people to rise against violence, terrorism and communalism. Be it America, Europe or any part of Indian sub-continent, his oration always attracted huge crowd in view of his excellent presentation and well-researched contents. His down to earth approach, warmness and the Salam he used to say with so much affection that even those who had met him just once found difficult to forget him.

The blogger himself is one such person. I had the honor of meeting him on December 29, 2013 in Kanpur. I was looking for a Zakir-e-Ahlebait for ‘Barsi ki Majlis’ of my father Mir Saeedul Hasan Naqvi. I approached Maulana Hamid Saheb of Patkapur and he suggested the name of Sarkar Saheb. I immediately requested him to get in touch with Sarkar Saheb to finalize the date. As a true Zakir of martyrs of Karbala, he gave his consent to address the Majlis on December 29 and reached Kanpur well- in time to keep me away from the anxiety usually associated with the waiting for the arrival of Zakir. The moment I saw him I could feel the impact of his warm personality and hospitality instantly. Though I was host, Sarkar Saheb made me comfortable at my home in such a way as if I was the guest.

But I found him a totally different person once he occupied pulpit and began khutba. He was blessed with the most appropriate voice for oration. In his hour long address, Sarkar Saheb exposed oppressive forces with historical facts with such a precision that the entire Mehdi Hall- venue of Majlis- reverberated several times with ear- deafening Wah Wah- Subhan Allah and Nare(Slogan) Risalat and Haidery. While recalling the martyrdom of Imam Hussain and subsequent persecution of his family, a stroke of sadness engulfed him. With voice choked in emotion and tears rolling down from his cheeks, he left his heart- rending ‘masaib’ incomplete. Along with him, the entire crowd too was in tears and the majlis was described as one of the most successful ones in the history of Kanpur.

The next morning I found him again to be a different person altogether. After breakfast, he presented me ‘AAG’- a collection of his poems. He asked me to call him Sarkar Bhai and said “ I am giving you AAG so that you become aware of another aspect of my personality”. Later I found that he himself has admitted in the book " no doubt Fane-Zakiri(Art of oration)has made me popular worldwide but my poetry has failed to touch the people who listen to my Majalis." He was of the view that poem was a much better way of expression as compared to prose. Even in poetry, he eulogized Karbala. I found the following couplet most appealing in AAG:

“ Wo Aag Phir Na Jala Payegi koi Khema
Jise Main Apne Lahu Se Bujhne Wala Hun
Mera Hi Sar Sare Neza Dikhai Deta Hai
Syah Raat ko Main Din Banane Wala Hun”

Sarkar Bhai had inherited oratory and poetry. His father Maulana Shamsul Hasan Saheb was also an illustrious Zakir-e-Ahlebait and a man of literary and refined taste. He was born in 1954 in Gowli Saadat village of Bijnor district of Uttar Pradesh( India).Sarkar Bhai dedicated his life to propagation of Imam Hussain’s message. Despite poor health, he never declined any request for majlis and travelled extensively. He resided mostly abroad before getting bed-ridden. He titled his book AAG(Fire), as the fire of enmity, terrorism, jealousy, envy, exploitation, poverty and corruption irked his compassionate heart. It is unfortunate that I could not meet him again but his excited voice during my telephonic conversation still afresh to me. His death has taken place at a time when the terror-stricken world required his services to extinguish the flames of terror. Alas! the flame of his life has been put off. When he will be laid to rest tomorrow morning, an era of Zakiri, poetry and scholarship will also be buried. May Allah give him place among his blessed and chosen ones in the Sadqa of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad and his Ahle-Bait.May Allah also give courage to the bereaved family and his countless admirers to bear his loss with courage and patience. Ameen.     



   

No comments:

Post a Comment